The International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics publishes articles on all aspects of basic and clinical research in the fields of obstetrics and gynecology and related subjects, with emphasis on matters of worldwide interest.
Statement of purpose:
Since its inception, the International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics (IJGO) has had two primary purposes:
To serve an international audience by publishing original scientific articles and communications originating in low-income countries which emphasize important obstetric and gynecologic problems, issues, and perspectives, such as maternal mortality and family planning; as well as publishing original articles and communications from the scientific community of high-income countries, with particular emphasis on sharing advances in the specialty of obstetrics and gynecology; and
To further the organizational purposes of the International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) by providing a means of bringing to the readership decisions of the officers and executive board, reports of the standing committees of FIGO, and information from the FIGO Secretariat in the intervals between meetings of the executive board and the international congresses; and by providing information from the World Health Organization and those other important international organizations that deal with women's health and the specialty of obstetrics and gynecology.
The IJGO is the official publication of the International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO).
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Academic OneFile (GALE Cengage)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- Centre for Agriculture and Biosciences International (CABI)
- Chemical Abstracts Service (SciFinder)
- CINAHL: Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature (EBSCO Publishing)
- Current Contents: Clinical Medicine (Clarivate Analytics)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Family & Society Studies Worldwide (EBSCO Publishing)
- Gender Studies Collection (GALE Cengage)
- Gender Studies Database (EBSCO Publishing)
- InfoTrac (GALE Cengage)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics)
- Women's Studies International (EBSCO Publishing)
Every month, the Editor selects one paper from the issue to highlight to our readers. The chosen article is free to access for 1 month. To see all Editor’s Pick articles, please click here.
December 2017A systematic review of primary outcomes and outcome measure reporting in randomized trials evaluating treatments for pre‐eclampsia
November 2017Hymen protection and the sexual practices, perceptions, and attitudes of female university students from Lebanon
A survey of honor‐related practices among US obstetricians and gynecologists